Finance Manager part time, Social Enterprise based in Wolverhampton, Salary circa £25,000 (FTE).
We are a social enterprise based in the heart of Wolverhampton. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for all people who live and work in the area of Wolverhampton by developing sustainable enterprises and community services to create local jobs.
We are now looking for a part time Finance Manager to help the organisation develop and support the business in achieving the overall goal. It is expected that this role will be for 2 days per week
Finance Manager Main Duties:
- Maintain cash handling systems
- Analyse and provide accurate financial information
- Set up, implement and monitor accounting and payroll systems for each part of the business
- Preparing returns
- Preparation of management accounts when requested
- Budget and cash flow management
- Assist members of staff in negotiations with funding agencies
- Provide assistance to the Board of Management to ensure that the assets of the Company are protected through insurance
- Support the Chief Executive to develop new enterprises and services
- Provide support and assistance to local voluntary organisations and community groups as and when required
- Participate in the Companies social accounting process
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and to represent the Company in external meetings as appropriate.
Finance Manager Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher level accounting/financial management qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in financial planning, budget preparation/monitoring, cash flow analysis and support in a varied business environment.
- Experience of running accounting systems
- Experience of payroll systems
- Knowledge on submission of returns such as VAT etc
- Experience of building professional customer relationships
- Ability to implement and develop financial systems and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team
- Willingness to work flexibly.
Once you have submitted your CV, please complete the comments box and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.