1st and 2nd Line Windows Technical Support Engineer - London
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast- paced environment?
If so, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity working in the Finance sector along with exceptional benefits, career progression and a training programme that offers industry-recognised accreditations. Unbelievably, you will also get 60 days holiday per year, yes 2 months paid leave!
My client, an award winning IT Managed Services Company requires an exceptional 1st and 2nd line Technical Support Engineer to provide telephone, email and remote support to external clients, and monitoring of alerts and backups.
Working closely within the Support team you will:
• Provide 1st and 2nd Line remote support
• Maintain ownership of your support cases
• Schedule field engineer site visits
• Manage open tickets
The ideal candidate will be capable of interacting with clients at a high level, as well as being technically competent and highly motivated, with the ability to prioritise tasks on a busy and fast-paced help desk. The company’s multi-cultural team prides itself in providing the very best levels of support.
You should have a minimum of 2 years 1st / 2nd line technical help desk experience that includes demonstrable knowledge of the following:
• Microsoft Windows Server including: Active Directory - - Basic password resets, account creations and knowledge of Group Policy.
• File server - adding and removing user’s permission on folders. Mapping drives.
• Exchange - Adding and removing user’s mailboxes. Creating distribution groups.
• Office 365 Admin experience.
• Print Servers - Adding and removing printers. Clearing print spoolers.
• Desktop troubleshooting in Windows 7 - 10 environment. - Office suite troubleshooting VPN connection Anti-Virus
• Knowledge of tape and online backup utilities.
• Understanding of Networking and Virtualisation Technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
This is a busy industry and clients demand the highest levels of service from the Global Help Desk team. This role has excellent career opportunities to progress within the business to 2nd / 3rd Line engineer roles or with the account management and service delivery teams.
Edison Hill is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.