Head Chef - Newhaven, Village Setting
An attractive and popular pub, situated on the outskirts of Newhaven, in a village setting is seeking a hands-on Head Chef to showcase their food offering.
This really is a "Hands On" role where you will be crucial to the performance, and popularity of this delightful venue. The pub is all about good, honest food which has to be excellently presented. It strives to maximise the use of good local suppliers, able to provide locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. Allowing all menu offerings to be prepared from fresh, and made to order.
This is a really exciting opportunity, allowing you to be creative and also contribute to the onward development of this venue.
Do you have the following . . . .
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong kitchen skills, and highly motivated
- Creative menu design
- Excellent presentation of fresh local produce
- Passionate about food and the kitchen environment
- Be able to control expenditure, ordering, stock and wastage
Offering . . . .
- £23,000 - £25,000
- Split shifts
- Share of tips/tronc
- Convenient situated for public transport
- Their may be an option for 'Live In'
- Car parking available
This position will suit a Head Chef with the required experience, but may also be an opportunity for an experienced Sous or Snr Sous Chef, with the required skill set, looking for that next step.