Accounts Payable Assistant
Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Payable Administrator
Location: Teddington, Middlesex, South West London
Hours: Full time but would consider part time at 25 hours per week
Salary: £19,000 - £23,000 as full time rate (dependant on skills and experience)
This company is a local independent property management company serving Landlords and Tenants predominantly in the Richmond upon Thames area but also within the M25. The company was established in 1929 has strong ties with the local business community based in Teddington, South West London. Today, the company employs around 25 people.
The company promote an entrepreneurial culture that filters through the business, enabling its staff to act with autonomy and flexibility, but in the knowledge they have the support of other experienced approachable members of staff.
Managing the Accounts Payable section, ensuring timely payment runs to suppliers, and provide adequate cover and support to staff within the department. Progression within the role is dependent on ability of candidate.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• AAT qualified or a ACCA/CIMA studier
• Accounts payable experience
• A team player and achiever
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
• Skilled using various computer packages / systems
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task according to workload demands, and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
Key Responsibilities are, but not necessarily limited to:
• Inputting supplier invoices onto our bespoke property software (Chronos) system
• Regular BACS pay runs to suppliers
• Sending remittance advices
• Upkeep filing of all invoices
• Dealing with phone / e-mail queries from suppliers
• Assistance with reconciliation of invoices with year-end computer printouts and preparation of draft property management accounts packages
• Assisting Property Managers with their day to day financial queries
Other Duties May Include:
• Printing and issuing of tenant demands
• Raising management fee invoices
• Recording of income and banking on a daily basis when required
• Dealing with / responding to client and tenant / leaseholder enquiries by telephone or correspondence
• Dealing with rent adjustment instructions from Commercial Property Manager as required
• Liaise with and assist other staff in connection with other financial matters as appropriate
• Assistance with monthly bank transfers as required
• Filing correspondence etc. as required
• Assisting the preparation of financial reports for Property Managers in respect of Annual General Meetings or client meetings as required
• To liaise with the Property Managers and with other members of staff as appropriate on other financial matters.
The successful candidate will live within 1/2hr commute of our office in Teddington.
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.