Senior Retail Designer
Senior Retail Designer - City of London - Permanent - £40K
Our Client is a leading architecture, design, and planning practice, with 5,000+ staff in 46 locations around the world. Their work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
The London office is seeking a Retail Interior Designer to join their team of design thinkers and doers experienced in handling the client process, with excellent presentation and relationship building skills, and the ability to understand and interpret client needs and requirements.
You will be a self-motivated team player with a positive, communicative and collaborative approach, you will work in partnership with colleagues across our Clients other practice areas, as well as with vendors and stakeholders at all levels. You will have the knowledge and ability to provide guidance to less experienced members of the Interiors Team, advising and supporting where necessary.
As a Retail Interior Designer, you will tap into your boundless creativity to design unique professional environments, providing design support for completion and execution of design projects, working on all project design stages and your responsibilities will include:
- Involvement and leadership in all stages of the design process.
- Delivering conceptual work of the highest standard.
- Coordinating design development and construction documents with technical teams.
- Close collaboration with design team, clients, consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Meeting deadlines for design deliverables, managing budgets and time.
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts when needed.
- Demonstrable experience of Commercial and Retail Interior Design, through all stages of design and development.
- Ability to demonstrate and understanding of the retail brands
- An innate interest in the way consumers, brands and environments interact.
- A curiosity and passion for trends and insight to strategically inform design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal, written and visual.
- Previous experience of liaising with, getting to know and developing long standing relationships with clients.
- Creative and original thinking demonstrated through a strong creative portfolio.
- The ability to lead a team with good collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in the use of all the usual computer programs - AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, InDesign etc. But being able to draw would be even lovelier
Please contact Jon Janes at Conrad consulting 0n to discuss