Investment Sales Executive
This opening is within a truly global business and offers excellent prospects for people with ambition and a great work ethic. A Financial Services background is essential, a good telephone manner and an understanding of the IFA/Adviser marketplace are also important requirements.
The Company: This is a leading Financial Services employer, serving investors all over the world, managing all significant asset classes for institutional and retail investors in long-term savings products - namely ISA’s, OEIC’s and Unit Trusts.
The Role: This position centres around our clients fund platform service and brand. This is one of the largest and longest-established fund platforms servicing financial advisers and their clients for the last 17 years. It currently administers just under £65bn in assets with products such as ISAs, Unit Trusts, OEICs, ETPs, Investment Trusts and International Bonds all being available on the platform. Based within the telesales team, your responsibility would be to help increase sales through the development of new and existing contacts, primarily through proactive outbound telephony. There will, from time to time, be a requirement to travel in order to develop and maintain IFA's/adviser relationships and have a presence at various industry events. In addition, you will be required to support specific marketing activities, primarily by phone. Key responsibilities will include:
- Building/owning proactive sales oriented relationships with non-panelled advisers and network member firms.
- Retaining existing legacy assets and accounts as well as developing new ones.
- Using available sales MI, engaging in outbound sales activity, targeting 3-4 hours of meaningful conversations per day.
- Pro-actively review sales MI, competitor information, and industry press and develop strategies to increase sales opportunities in line with the wider sales team.
- Work together with Sales Management and the wider sales teams in delivering large scale national and regional events, including conferences, road shows and workshops.
- Follow up activity as required to maximise sales opportunities
Experience / Skills Required: You must have a Financial Services background, be comfortable in a phones based role and have a good understanding of the IFA/Adviser market. A degree of confidence with MS Excel & Powerpoint would be advantageous as would the ability to analyse data. This is a great company to work for if you have a great work ethic and are enthusiastic about your work and career.
Additional Information: The role comes with a salary of c.£30,000 and potential to add 50% of that in bonuses, certainly £10,000 in bonus is achievable by most. Pension would add another £3,000 - £4,000 but it is the role and career/development prospects that should be your focus.
The Investment Sales Executive position is only one of many vacancies we are handling. ARC is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment and the Consultant handling this role has over 20 years experience in this field. Areas of expertise include pensions, sales support, employee benefits/group risk, compliance, flexible benefits, paraplanners, underwriting, customer services and IT related roles. We predominately focus on London and the Home Counties, although we have also been successful in offering national solutions and overseas. Check the website and feel free to call Darren Snell at any time.