A global manufacturing business are recruiting a Production Planner to join their Supply Chain & Planning team. Applicants need; production planning, scheduling and inventory management skills within a manufacturing business. Experience using SAP is ideal
The Production Planner will help ensure 100% OTD of products and finished goods to customers.
Specific duties of the Production Planner include:
1. Plan, Schedule, and Co-ordinate the production of finished goods
2. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
3. Help alleviate labour and material shortages, back logs and other potential schedule interruptions.
4. Develop and implement production planning strategies and mechanisms
5. Provide expertise across; master scheduling, shop scheduling and despatch
6. Approve quantities, schedules and parts lists provided to material control
7. Coordinates and implements Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) in production.
8. Implementation of LEAN techniques into production & supply chain
Production Planner applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Production Planning, Materials Management or Scheduling experience within a manufacturing business
2. Proficient in SAP applications relating to Supply Chain & Production Planning
3. Ability to train / mentor junior planners
4. Knowledge and of understanding of LEAN techniques and planning tools such as MPS
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK