I am currently looking for an experienced BA to join my large retail banking client in Manchester. The bank is the only UK high street Bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy and they are looking for someone to join their team with similar values and a strong work ethic.
Role: Business Analyst
Contract: Initial 3 months - extensions for the right candidate
- Leads designs and facilitates business engagements to establish scope, business needs, project objectives, outcomes and expectations on business processes.
- Requirements Development: Works with business analysis team to ensure that quality business requirements are produced, accepted and approved by the key stakeholder and business solution designs can deliver effectively.
- Requirements Management: Oversees end-to-end traceability against quality business requirements using appropriate tools and templates.
- Gap Analysis - Improving performance and revision of current performance and processes to ensure compliance.
- Solution Assessment & Validation: Engages with key stakeholders to influence the solution design to meet business goals, scope and strategy requirements. Provides input into the identification and delivery of project business outcomes and benefits, traceability of requirements and impact of solutions. Develops cross business and service user communications, acceptance test plans and supports testing and implementation.
- Consultancy Advice & Domain Knowledge: Develops good knowledge across a number of individual business/product areas, understanding interdependency and the impact of change to provide informed consultancy advice, independent review and quality assurance.
- Structure Approach: Defines the project objectives, scopes overall approach, plans and completes standard Change documentation and tools.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain networks with a diverse group of stakeholders to influence and support the delivery of projects and champions the business analysis function.
- Risk: Continuously monitors projects for business analysis risk issues and regulatory compliance and takes appropriate steps to mitigate.
- Group Values: Positively influences others by showing outstanding behaviours and encourage this.
Associated knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Distinguishes between the short, medium and long-term goals of the company
- Ensures day-to-day work reflects the broader and longer-term objectives of the unit/division
- Ensures personal objectives/activities are aligned with business strategy of the unit/division
- Prioritizes work in accordance with the strategic needs and objectives of the unit/function
- Steps back from the current situation to review the bigger picture
- Stays abreast of emerging issues
- Takes a longer-term view despite short-term pressures
- Can investigate business requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Can apply analytical techniques to identify underlying issues and business needs
- Has the ability to distil and interpret information to evaluate solutions options, and make recommendations
- Is able to identify appropriate testing approach for requirements
- Has the ability to oversee and manage, via a team, the business analysis approach, governance, deliverables and resources