Marketing and Events Coordinator
PRIMARY TASKS AND ROLES
To provide effective marketing and events support to the Hastings Business Improvement District
- Support the delivery of marketing, events, promotions and communications for the BID
- Provide advice to event organisers including handling bookings and overseeing events on the day
- Manage the diary of events and promotions in the town centre including invoicing clients
- Provide support to identify new content and update information on the organisation's websites and social media channels
- Collect and analyse statistics from website and social media channels and assist the BID Manager with the collation of town centre performance data
- Liaise with local organisations, designers and printers on the content of local guides and other advertising
- Liaise with a wide range of other stakeholders and organisations including local authorities, businesses and voluntary members of the BID
- Write and proof-read copy of all types
- Maintain and update mailing lists
- Create press releases for distribution to the local media
- Contribute to, and help to develop, other BID project plans (eg Extension of Christmas Lights) and overall marketing strategy
- Provide administrative support to other members of the team as necessary
- Customer Service and communications
- Advanced user of main IT and Microsoft Office applications
- Educated to degree level OR A Level or equivalent with 2 years' experience in a marketing, sales or customer service role OR 3 years' relevant experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter who can work under pressure and deliver results with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships
- Attention to detail
- Time management and the ability to run several projects and events at any one time
- Working within a marketing, events, sales or PR environment (voluntary work or work experience included)
- A good working knowledge of Twitter and other social media platforms
- Customer Care
- Evidence of practising effective customer care
Understanding of, and acceptance and commitment to, the laws and principles underlying diversity and equality of opportunity
5-Year fixed term contract ending 31st March 2022 (May be extended subject to a successful BID re-ballot) Full time (37 hrs a week) but part-time candidates will be considered
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.