Commercial Insight Manager
Permanent, Full time
Circa £45,000 + excellent benefits
Manchester City Centre
The Co-op is changing, fast. And the commercial insight team has a big role to play in this transformation. Our people are empowered to make quick decisions, and our common sense of purpose helps us achieve great things together. Best of all, the money we save is poured back in to our local communities. It's an amazing place to work- somewhere you can make a real difference, and now we're looking to grow our team by recruiting a talented Commercial Insight Manager.
The Insight team has a breadth of roles and capabilities and we're running with a new operating model that means you'll get the opportunity help develop and embed new ways of working. You will partner with commercial teams and create plans with these stakeholders to drive improved performance from range, pricing, promotions, shopper & consumer experience. You'll also liaise with various agencies such as Nielsen and Kantar, as well as qualitative researchers.
What you'll do
* Design and implement a plan, which deploys our extensive internal & external insight capability to the food business
* Engage with stakeholders cross the business- understanding priorities & insight requirements
* Ensure we champion the customer in all our plans
* Manage our relationship with external agencies such as Nielsen, Kantar and qualitative researchers
As a Commercial Insight Manager, you'll have a passion for numbers, along with strong excel skills, allowing you to report and manipulate data easily. You'll be comfortable working across multiple sources of data to create recommendations that will drive sales.
A strong communicator who has previously managed and influenced stakeholders, to ensure right decisions are made. We'd also like to see how you've previously driven and challenged change and maintained relationships internally and externally.
What you'll bring
* Highly numerate and skilful on Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
* Previous experience managing third party agencies. Knowledge of Nielsen, Kantar & loyalty data would be a huge benefit to you
* Ability to challenge process and drive improvement through change.
* Experience of managing, influencing and challenging stakeholders, particularly to make the right decision for the business
* A passion for driving business performance through insight.
* Working within retail or grocery- whether that be as an operational retailer, supplier or agency.
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you'll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, private health cover and an amazing pension.
We want to change the world all over again. If you believe in our purpose, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's different to all the rest, then join us. And help us rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're actively seeking to build diverse teams, and we welcome applications from all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We will make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.