Software Manager Defence £50,000
A well-established technology company based in Hampshire are looking for a Software Manager to join their expanding team at their modern headquarters.
The company are global providers of innovative technology products for the defence sector, specialising in radio frequency and digital communications.
As a software manager, your main duties will include:
- Managing the software team, providing training and development where needed
- Planning and estimating software development and ensuring continuous integration with hardware systems
- Reviewing technical work, performance and usability
- Liaising with Project managers, directors and customers to ensure to produce realistic bid plans and understand needs when planning software development
- Occasional travel to customers across the globe
- Providing support to the sales team and customers, leading meetings and building relationships
To be successful for the role, you must have:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working within a software development role
- Understanding of SOLID and TDD
- Management experience with an agile team, ideally within defence or aerospace
- Understanding of hardware development, systems engineering and system integration
In return, the company offer:
- Business performance bonus
- Company pension
- Travel insurance, dental care, childcare vouchers
- Flexible working hours
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and undergo security clearance prior to starting.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.