Salary: £50,000 + excellent benefits
Location: Manchester City Centre
Co-op Insurance is changing. And it's changing fast. We're investing in our future, and the people who'll shape its direction. We're looking to recruit an Igloo Developer to join the Capital team. Bringing your expertise in this software you will be making a serious impact in General Insurance. We can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business which puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As an Igloo Developer at Co-op Insurance, you will implement model developments in the internal model. And you will be the subject matter expert on Igloo coding. You'll be changing, testing, implementing and documenting whilst working closely with team members and other stakeholders across the business.
What you'll do
* Within model development you'll:
o Ensure model developments function efficiently, allow model flexibility and satisfy run time requirements
o Ensure the model methodology, including parameterisation methodology, meets relevant standards and the needs of the model users as well as making sure changes are documented clearly for all relevant audiences
* Compile and present reports to key stakeholders
* Present recommendations and viable options to managers and heads of department
* Delegate work to junior members of the team where required
* Challenge the normal ways of working and make improvements where appropriate
To be successful as an Igloo Developer, you will need to be an expert in capital modelling and of course it is essential that you'll have extensive experience coding in Igloo specifically. You'll have a keen interest in the general insurance market. If you are a nearly or newly qualified Actuary this could be an interesting role for you, where you can develop your skills and grow your career with us.
What you'll bring
* In depth technical knowledge of Igloo software and coding in Igloo
* Experience developing general insurance capital models and strong technical knowledge
* Strong understanding of the general insurance market and economic climate
* Understanding of the relevant professional standards and how to apply them
* Actuarial experience
* Strong maths ability
* Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
If you can help us grow our business, we can offer you a whole world of opportunity. As well as a competitive salary and some brilliant benefits, you'll get the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy. We're going on an amazing journey.
We're going back to being Co-op
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that's never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That's why we're going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you'd like to join us on our journey. So, if you believe in our purpose, and are passionate about building your career, join us and make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.