Head of Social Sciences - Full Time, Maternity Cover
Job Title: Head of Social Sciences - Full Time, Maternity Cover
School: Secondary School, Richmond, London
Salary: MPS/UPS (outer London)
Job Start: September 2017
A secondary school in Richmond, are seeking an engaging and dynamic Head of Social Sciences with the ability to teach across a wide range of abilities and Key Stages 4 and 5.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and inspirational practitioner to assist in contributing to our highly committed Social Sciences Team at the School. The successful candidate will not only be forward-thinking but ambitious for our students. The ability to teach to A level Psychology essential. The possibility of continuing other Social Sciences subjects lower down the school would be an advantage. In return we promise the successful candidate high challenge and support, genuine teamwork and responsibility.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS or QTLS
- Specialism in Psychology and Sociology
- High expectations of students' attainment and behaviour
- Ability to teach Psychology and Sociology across KS4 and KS5
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Ability to engage students into learning
- A commitment to extra-curricular activities
- A person committed to the highest standard of achievement for all students
- Good organisation and communication skills
For more information and to apply, please contact our partner Mevish Hussain at Capita Education Recruitment on or e-mail your CV
Capita Education is fully committed to Safeguarding and an enhanced DBS disclosure is an essential requirement for all posts at the school.