Event Sales Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity to work onsite at IWM London (Imperial War Museum) actively promoting and selling this iconic event space, maximising revenue through marketing and promoting this historical venue.
Peyton and Byrne was founded by renowned restaurateur Oliver Peyton in 2005, with a flexible and high quality offering they develop unique products and branding to match the needs and aspirations of their customers. Peyton and Byrne are part of Sodexo, globally recognised for hospitality excellence Sodexo help create and deliver exceptional customer experiences at world renowned venues and sporting events such as Ascot, Bateaux, The Open and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.Package description
Up to £32,000 + 10% Bonus + Pension
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
Supporting the Head of Event Sales, this role plays a key part in the growth of events business at IWM London, establishing it as a leading London events venue. The role involves networking at key events, promoting the event opportunities to a range of clients, holding FAM days at the venue and working with agencies. We are looking for someone who will bring creative marketing ideas and a proactive attitude to developing relationships, ultimately increasing the revenue and profits. In return you will have the support of a leading global business whilst working in a unique venue with amazing opportunities and a fantastic team.
Possessing a keen understanding of all aspects of event creation from enquiry to event planning, including knowledge of food, service and delivery, the candidate will use their experience to tailor events to the client’s requirements.Ideal candidate
- Experience in the events Industry.
- Experience of selling a venue with negotiating and sales skills.
- Good interpersonal skills which enable him/her to work effectively in a team and relate well to customers.
- Flexibility and be able to perform well under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work load and manage time.
- Ability to work occasionally out of office hours to attend networking events, exhibitions or agency visits