Audit Manager / Audit Senior - CCAB
Job Title: Audit Manager
Salary: £38,789 - £42,474 per annum
Position: Permanent - 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 2nd March 2017 at 1pm
Interviews will be held on: w/c 13th March 2017
The Suffolk Coastal & Waveney District Councils are leading the way when it comes to working in partnership and the Council is committed to improving the quality of life for everyone living in, working in, and visiting east Suffolk. The council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people's lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audit Manager to lead a team delivering modern Internal Audit Service. This service is delivered to a number of partner authorities in the Audit partnership including three Councils. You will be required to act as deputy to the Head of Internal Audit, assisting in the operational management of a range of Internal Audit and Fraud investigation services.
- Championing best practice in governance, controls and risk management and making effective recommendations for change and improvement.
- Managing and coaching teams according to the performance framework and policies and procedures in place across the Councils.
- Facilitating a programme of continuous improvement that ensures the service is provided in line with the expectations and needs of all stakeholders.
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to dealing with emerging corporate governance or fraud issues.
- Energetically developing, encouraging and maintaining effective communications across the Partnerships.
- The post will largely be based at the Woodbridge offices, but the post holder will be required to work at the Council's partner offices in Lowestoft.
- You must be CCAB qualified or equivalent, with comprehensive management experience and a proven track record in audit management and fraud management at a senior level.
- In return, the company offer great opportunities for training and development.
- The Council want you to stay with them for the long-term, so they will give you all the support they can to build a great career with the organisation.
- There's also a superb benefits package including flexible working options and purpose built brand new office accommodation, as well as a generous leave entitlement, pension scheme and free car parking.
To apply for this role please click the APPLYbutton and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT:Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Audit Manager, Audit Senior, CCAB, External Auditor, Revenue Audit Assistant Manager, Revenue Audit Manager, Auditor, Senior Auditor, Senior Financial Auditor, Accounts Senior, Audit Senior, Finance Consultant, Financial Auditor, Internal Audit, ACCA, AIA, ACA qualified will be considered for this role.