Do you have significant experience as an Operations Manager preferably within the Automotive sector?
We have an excellent opportunity to join a leading automotive manufacturing client as their Plant Manager based in Birmingham, UK.
- An experienced Manufacturing Manager Capable of running a 2-shift operation of around 110 staff.
- Good working knowledge of support operations such as Goods receipt, Delivery, Quality & Maintenance functions.
- Capable of liaising with Customer at operational and Director level.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Capable of running the plant in the Capacity of Operations Manager, but also covering the basic Supervision of the plant.
- Ability to develop members of the current operational team into experienced Supervisors.
- Ability to handle a high pressure role with many stressful dynamics such as immediate Customer response, Management of short notice overtime, short notice shift changes and positive and negative build swings.
- The ability to motivate a high % of Temporary staff to work overtime as required, achieve high efficiency levels, and world class (single figure PPM) Quality levels.
- The ability to recognise the balance between Maintenance and Productivity requirements.
- The ability to recognise the balance between safety stock, and cost of Manufacturing.
- Safety and Environmental Management responsibilities in line with Dupont ZIP philosophies, to promote adhesion to systems, training, competency, audits, legislative compliance and accident/incident investigation.
- Have the ability and experience to manage the HR requirements of the plant, dealing with disciplines, recruitment, grievances, performance reviews and sickness management etc.
- Significant Experience as an Operations Manager preferably within the Automotive sector.
- Knowledge of Mig and spot weld robot processes, Robot operations, and semi-automated jig processes is distinctly advantageous.
- Good level of Safety, Quality, Efficiency knowledge with a proven track record for good performance and personal achievement in these areas.
- Good understanding of operational planning functions & methodology such as JIT, Kan-ban and value stream mapping.
- Good understanding of employment law and employee relations.
- Good working knowledge of absence management, disciplinary procedures, appraisals systems etc.
For further details, please contact Dan Symington, Engineering Team Manager at CDM Recruitment via this advert.