Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Location: High Wycombe - with occasional travelling
You will be based at our clients offices in High Wycombe; however some travel may be required in the UK.
You will be working within the Marketing team, working on marketing initiatives and focus on enhancing the perception of the brand within specific markets e.g. Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, Scientific, Healthcare, Automotive and Municipal.
Co-ordinate key marketing communications activity including liaising with agencies and internal staff on: design, exhibitions, events, campaigns and public relations, with particular focus on campaigns and PR.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the role is to co-ordinate key marketing communications activity, primarily on public relations and campaign, but also including liaising with agencies and internal staff on; design, content for PR and content marketing for online.
Key objectives for the role:
- To coordinate and maximise PR opportunities
- Manage content plan / strategy
- Drive campaigns in-line with business objectives and measure ROI
- To act as a central point of contact for all marketing activities
- Deliver and report on PR and campaigns in line with the marketing communications plan
- Regular review meetings to be held with the agency and business units for approvals, seek new press releases / case studies / articles and to deliver a balanced PR plan.
- Implement PR activities for the brand. This will involve creation of press releases, articles, case studies, media and internal briefings and the like.
- Build relationships with key editors and web based journal providers to ensure the company’s PR output remains relevant, topical and at the forefront and targeted media outlets.
- Ensure that existing assets and content is effectively leveraged and reused for PR purposes wherever possible.
- Generate / write content as required.
- Manage PR agency and any other agency related to PR i.e. monitoring agency and compliance agency.
- Advertising and Media - create media plan, ensuring adverts are submitted in time.
Campaigns - Lead Generation
- Creation, Planning and Execution of campaigns.
- Communicate relevant message to connect with individual customer personas.
- Ownership of campaigns by monitoring, analysing and presenting the ROI of each campaign.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to develop relevant local campaigns.
- Writing, proofing and editing for all forms of communications.
- Reporting of marketing activity (KPI’s).
- To support Marketing Assistant, if required, in the preparation of a yearly event plan, research new events in line with campaigns and assist in the planning, management and co-ordination of events, exhibitions, conferences, tabletops.
- To be responsible for production of specific support materials; including literature, Infographics and videos.
- Responsible for liaison and projects undertaken by business development managers.
- Ensure an integrated approach is taken for online and offline communications.
- Research new and innovative ways to deliver communications, when required.
- Support in the development of the website.
- Internal and External site content, corporate style and protocols are maintained and updated regularly.
- Ensure all commercial, technical, promotional, quality and company information is available and maintained through the websites.
- Ensure Social Media is used to promote all communications activities.
Other tasks and responsibilities as determined by Marketing Communications Manager as required.
- A degree or diploma (or equivalent) in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or the sciences, or qualified by experience with commercial marketing experience in a B2B environment.
- PR experience.
- Campaign management experience.
- Event management experience.
- Proven digital marketing experience.
- Strong analytical skills in order to collect and interpret information and make recommendations.
- Presentation skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong copywriting skills across all marketing channels.
- Commercially astute, focused on ROI.
- Marketing Automation experience would be an advantage.
In addition, can you say 'yes’ to the following questions?
- Do you have strong time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines?
- Do you have excellent communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels?
- Are you driven and self-motivated?
- Are you a team player?
- Do you like to keep up to date with the latest digital innovations and marketing trends?
As we are a global business, so you will benefit from a very broad exposure to the marketing mix.
A training and development plan will be designed for you, as we want you to grow and develop within the company, which is a global brand - this may include external run training as required for the role.
Here are the benefits, to name a few:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Social events
Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.