Our client is a forward thinking multi-site business that provide high spec products to key consumer markets. Established over 80 years ago, the company have experienced a period of sustained growth which has seen an increase in output across their UK offering and expansion of their operations in 2016. Through a recent change in internal structure, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to take ownership of the group reporting and annual and Interim accounts, alongside the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
Working with the Finance Director and supporting key UK stakeholders, the role requires a qualified accountant, ideally ACA, with a sound working knowledge of IFRS, group consolidations and stakeholder management.
The main responsibilities will include but not be restricted to the following:-
- Assisting with the completion of the external announcements and annual/interim report to meet the UK regulatory requirements.
- Lead the monthly consolidation of management accounts under IFRS & UK GAAP including preparation of the Finance Report.
- Assisting with the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, including the consolidation Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Providing technical accounting guidance across the Group - Board, Senior management and Divisional finance teams.
- Preparation of the UK statutory accounts including ones for dormant companies.
- Drafting, communicating and managing the implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting.
- Liaison with auditors.
- Supporting Finance teams based in 3 other UK sites through month end, the budget process, financial analysis and other ad hoc projects.
- Providing analysis to assist with strategic and operational decision making.
The role offers exceptional long term career prospects and supports a wide stakeholder group. The role is a good mix of group reporting and planning and is an excellent chance to consolidate a variety of finance duties under one heading. With substantial growth plans in the future this is a unique opportunity to join a market leading company with a bright future.