Senior Risk Analyst - Products
SENIOR RISK ANALYST - PRODUCTS
SALARY; £60,000 - £65,000+ bens + bonus
Our client is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe’s largest natural gas Company.
The crude & derivatives market risk team provides daily performance and market risk analysis for both physical crude and flow trading business and will work very closely with the traders and the other parts of the business. This is a pivotal team in this dynamic business and experience of this area could lead to a range of interesting and challenging career options in the trading and shipping business.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
The team provides real-time front-line control and management information for management, and traders. This includes daily PNL & risk reporting, ad hoc risk analysis. The role also involves participating projects in improving the ETRM system. Because of the unique position of the team in the middle of commercial activities, the team will also support broader commercial activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The main duties and responsibilities of the job holder are:
- Prepare and review of daily PNL and risk reports and follow up any issues with relevant teams
- Ensure that all risk limits are adhered to and assist in implementing new limits when necessary
- Assist in identifying the significant risk within the business, ensuring that they are transparent to senior management
- Maintain a good knowledge of the current physical crude market as well as the refinery system;
- Support front office in new products and non-standard products approval
- Participate in enhancement and development of in ETRM systems
- Assist in defining forward curve methodologies for accurate mark to market and fair value reporting;
- Contribute to the month and quarter-end activities with Back Office/Accounting for crudes and derivatives portfolios
- Develop and maintain strong business relationship with different functions, e.g FO, BO, IT, Planning & Control;
- Strong daily cooperation within the Refined Products market risk team and promote knowledge sharing between teams
- Setting and monitoring adherent to risk limits for the desk
- Guarantee compliance for trading procedures with relevant controls and support when necessary internal and external audit requests
This position reports to the Products Middle Office Manager and has the following main interfaces:
- INTERNAL: Front and Back Office, IT, other Middle Office units; Operations, Planning & Control, Finance;
- EXTERNAL: Brokers; relevant industry contacts
- University degree in economics, finance and / or engineering discipline
- Relevant experience in a market risk/ product control role from trading companies or banks
- Strong knowledge of derivatives trading
- Strong knowledge of EMEA crude qualities (N Sea, Med & WAF)
- Advanced knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis
- Strong and solid knowledge of MS Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills, Matlab & SQL knowledge a plus.
- Ability to communicate concisely to senior management in Market Risk and to stakeholders.
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Analytical mind and good numerical skills.
- Proactive and result oriented approach to work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to mentor junior members and raise profile of the team.
- Full command of English language (spoken and written).