Our client is a dynamic, and progressive organization - a leader in their field as a National Furniture Sales and Distribution Company. They are looking for an equally energetic, confident and organized individual to join them as a Carpet Fitter on the Customer Service Team.
Due to the expansion of the Flooring Installation Team, part of their Birmingham Depot they are looking for a candidate with experience in the furniture industry. The ideal candidate will be skilled at fitting carpet and vinyl and will mostly fit within the social housing and property development sector. You will liaise closely with our Customer Service Team to deliver a world class service to our customers.
Fitting locations will generally be within 2 hours of the Birmingham area although occasional long distance fitting with overnight stays may be necessary.
- High quality installation and fitting of carpet, vinyl or other flexible flooring materials.
- Accurately measure fitting areas
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Inspect the surface to be covered to determine its condition, and correct any imperfections that might show through carpet or cause carpet to wear unevenly
- Join edges of carpet and seam edges where necessary, by sewing or by using tape with glue and heated carpet iron.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Plan the layout of the carpet, allowing for expected traffic patterns and placing seams for best appearance and longest wear.
- Stretch carpet to align with walls and ensure a smooth surface, and press carpet in place over tack strips or use staples, tape, tacks or glue to hold carpet in place.
- Take measurements and study floor sketches to calculate the area to be carpeted and the amount of material needed.
- Accurately estimate materials requirements for projects
- Clean up before and after installation, including vacuuming carpet and discarding remnant pieces.
- Measure, cut and install tackless strips along the baseboard or wall.
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
- Nail tack strips around area to be carpeted or use old strips to attach edges of new carpet.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Fasten metal treads across door openings or where carpet meets flooring to hold carpet in place.
- Cut doors where necessary.
- Move furniture from area to be carpeted and remove old carpet and padding.
- Remove worn, damaged or outdated materials from work areas.
- Ensure customers receive an excellent customer service experience
- Accurately record feedback from customers
- Proactively work to resolve any issues to the customers’ satisfaction
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of fitting carpet and vinyl to a high standard
- Drivers licence
- Ability to travel
Our client is offering an attractive salary of up to £34k teamed with the chance to grow with a successful organisation. Any accommodation and additional travel/subsistence costs will be covered.
For more information, please contact Louisa Ellis