Part Time Bookkeeper - One Year Maternity Cover
International House World Organisation Ltd (IHWO Ltd) is recruiting for a part time Bookkeeper for a one year contract (starting early April) to join our friendly team in Shad Thames, near Tower Bridge. 20 hours a week, office based, across a minimum of 3 days. IHWO Ltd is the central office for a network of 160 private language schools located across the globe.
The post-holder’s primary function will be to undertake all bookkeeping and accounts administration for IHWO Ltd. The Bookkeeper is also responsible for maintaining office supplies.
The post-holder will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and other IH employees who interact with the accounts function. (For example, communicating with our online courses administrator about course payments). This role also involves email communication with our network of schools around the world regarding their invoices and payments for IH services. This is an excellent opportunity for a bookkeeper who likes a varied and interesting role.
The ideal candidate will have several years bookkeeping experience, experience of using Quickbooks and a sound knowledge of all the bookkeeping duties outlined below. They will take a proactive approach to communication with customers and the team and be committed to maintaining very accurate and up to date records. It is important to note that the duties listed below are wide ranging but the company is small so daily workload is varied.
Core responsibilities and duties include:
1. Ensure the accuracy off all Bookkeeping and Accounts tasks for IHWO Ltd
2. Handle all aspects of Purchase and Sales Ledger
3. Ensure that all purchase invoices have been authorised by the COO before entering onto QuickBooks
4. Manage all financial transactions including on time payments, invoicing, petty cash and staff expenses
5. Raise sales invoices and process payments made online, by card and by cheque
6. Ensuring any recharge payments are properly accounted for and appropriate invoices raised.
7. Monitor debtors, manage customer payment plans and ensure on time payments
8. Bank incoming cheques and process BACS payments
9. Complete monthly bank reconciliations promptly and accurately and ensure all accounts balance
10. Complete and submit quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales List promptly and accurately
11. Arrange PAYE and VAT payments on time and in full compliance with legal requirements
12. Post monthly payroll journals
13. Assist COO in preparing management accounts for the Committee and Board three times a year
14. Maintain prompt and polite correspondence with our members and clients including emailing statements, invoices and responding to general enquiries
15. Liaise with external Accountants with regards to Corporation Tax and Company Returns
16. Work closely with Accountant/Auditor to ensure IHWO accounts are accurate and comply with legal requirements
17. Conduct minimal accounting activities for newly established IH World Foundation charity.
18. Ensure confidentiality of the information held within the office
19. Order office supplies.
20. Work with the Online Courses Coordinator and other members of IHWO team to ensure a high standard of service is provided to our external customers and member schools.
The following skills and experience are essential:
- At least three to four years' bookkeeping experience
- Sound knowledge of double entry bookkeeping
- Good management accounting skills
- Experience of working with international clients.
- Confident and competent use of Quickbooks accounting software
- Confident use of MS Office packages especially Excel and Word
- Excellent administration skills and proven organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - a warm and customer focused manner
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C1 or IELTS Band 7.5/8
- Ability to work in a small team
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible, proactive and self-driven approach to work
- Open-minded interest in other cultures, languages and people
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Bookkeeping qualification or part qualified as an account, highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the English Language Teaching or language travel industry
Salary range: £27,000 - £29,000 pro rated = £15,428.57 - £16,571.00 for 20 hours per week contract.
Holiday: 23 days
Pension: 3.5% employer contribution
Ideal start date: w/c 3rd April 2017