Back Office / IT Technician
Ubiqus is seeking a technician to join its busy Back Office team.
Ubiqus Group is an international language services provider headquartered in Paris, with offices across Europe, Canada and the United States. The Group’s primary service offering is the production of transcripts and intelligent summary documents of meetings, conferences and events.
In the UK we are one of the leading transcription and language service providers. We work with the Ministry of Justice, the UK Government and Parliament, major public bodies, and more than 90% of FTSE 100 companies.
The Back Office team is responsible for the handling of all audio/video for Ubiqus’ clients, including digitising audio and video files, audio and video editing, and managing conference calls and webcasts. The Back Office team also provides first line IT and server support, equipment purchasing and maintenance, and general office management support.
We are seeking a motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join our team on a permanent basis. This individual must have strong attention to detail, organisational and relationship skills; be able to manage multiple requests simultaneously, take a proactive approach to problem solving; and be able to work calmly and efficiently in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment.
The role is highly dependent on strong AV and IT skills and a quick response rate.
- Processing audio requests for transcription orders
- Managing the digitisation of audio and video files for transcription orders
- Liaising with UK Courts to obtain audio recordings of court proceedings to be transcribed;
- Recording live streaming events, conference calls, and webcasts and web calls in accordance with planning requirements;
- Ensuring data is stored securely and safely on our systems;
- Assisting with technical audio/visual issues;
- Management of equipment inventory (including PCs, laptops, recording equipment);
- IT, network and server support;
- Monitoring IT and data security;
- Performing IT security audits;
- IT software and hardware troubleshooting;
- Dealing with technical queries from staff and clients;
- General production and office management.
Previous experience of working in a similar role is beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Quick learner;
- Be highly responsive;
- Able to take a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple tasks at one time;
- Show the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision while providing support in a team environment;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Knowledge of networking and server management;
- Demonstrable ability to work in a very fast paced and demanding environment;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Self-discipline and enthusiasm.
Normal working hours are 09.00-18.00, but these hours will vary depending on the day to day requirements of the role.
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Training and development opportunities
- Employer Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Optional private medical scheme (after qualifying period)
- Salary: Basic £20k to 22k depending on experience.
- Based at our main office in central London (SE1).
Ubiqus is an equal opportunities employer.