This medium sized law firm close to Bank is looking for an IT Manager.
Please note the ideal candidate will have an IT/Office Management background in a professional services environment.
The role is approximately 30% office management 70% IT Management
The Office/IT Manager will work closely with the Partners, Heads of Department and other Business Support Managers (Finance, Marketing, HR and Risk and Compliance) to identify appropriate operational and strategic Facilities and IT objectives and to ensure they are implemented effectively and efficiently.
The Office/IT Manager will manage both general office and front of house direct reports.
Reporting directly to the Partnership, the Office/IT Manager will be responsible for the management of all operational office and IT requirements and associated resources.
The Office/IT manager will manage and develop professional working relationships with both the firm’s hosted IT service provider and CMS provider.
The Office/IT Manager will provide proactive positive leadership and management for all direct reports (both general office and front of house).
Setting, implementing and controlling budgets for all areas of responsibility (Estates, Facilities, IT) - in conjunction with the firm’s Finance Director.
Areas of Responsibilitywill include
• Identifying and implementing a premises maintenance programme, liaising with the landlord, and other tenants as required from time to time.
• Undertaking and facilitating surveys by third parties
Facilities Office Management
• Maintaining and developing professional work relationships with all suppliers and providers of services.
• Facilities management - to include overseeing and reviewing the quality and cost-effectiveness of suppliers on a regular basis, going to tender where necessary - this should include including cleaners, maintenance contractors, air conditioning, electricity suppliers, PAT contractors.
• Co-ordination of all repairs within the office.
• Management of the general office team ensure a service which supports fee earners across the firm to maximise their fee earning potential.
• Management of the front of house team to ensure delivery of excellent client facing service.
• Managing the budget and procurement of all general facilities and office supplies/projects.
• Managing the security of the premises and any issues that arise both inside and outside normal working hours.
• Health and Safety/Fire - ensuring policies and all associated procedures comply with the appropriate legislation and are evaluated and tested on a regular basis.
• General Office management and responsibility..
• Actively manage the firm’s file archiving and storage and the associated team member to ensure all policies and procedures on file archiving and destruction are adhered to. Regularly review these.
• Management of firm’s annual office insurance renewal to include a review of the firm’s requirements.
• Maintenance of the firm’s fixed asset register
• Co-ordinating internal moves and integration into the practice of any incoming firms or teams to include space planning and any internal office realignment. This will include co-ordination and management of all induction processes.
• Systems reporting and management (e.g. access control) to include analysis and any appropriate recommendations
• Review and renewal of all licences for the firm.
IT Management and Support
• Liaising with IT hosted provider on hardware replacement programme and software upgrades and patches (repairs) to include responsibility for testing and roll-out of new additions to the CMS case management system.
• Systems reporting and management (e.g. MFD, Dictate Now, Big Hand) to include analysis and any appropriate recommendations.
• Ongoing maintenance/renewals - dealing with subscription renewals, software renewals and liaising with IT hosted provider regarding the updating of software licenses.
• Lead internal CMS Super User Group - to create a programme of training sessions to get overall CMS skills within the firm to a higher level.
• Precedents - uploading precedents, checking house styles and adding to CMS.
• Review of existing intranet (SharePoint).
• Mobile Phones - contract review and ensuring the firm have the services to meet the business needs.
• Preparation of processes for new starters and leavers in association with HR.
• Covering all day to day IT issues - both on an internal stand alone basis and through liaison with the firm’s hosted provider.
Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within a professional services organisation.
Some experience of working with an IT hosting provider/SOS and Connect would be extremely beneficial.
Excellent communication skills - ability to build professional working relationships both internally and externally.
Proactive individual who can demonstrate this through experience.
Up-to-date and current best practice knowledge and being able to adapt to new and varied situations.
Any H&S or industry standard Facilities Management Qualification or IT Qualification would be desirable but is not essential.
Some project management experience would be desirable but is not essential
Please send your CV for immediate interview.
Legal Leap Recruitment..moving forward in law