Visitor Services Retail Manager - Conservation / Charity
ZSL is seeking an experienced Retail Manager to join our Visitor Services Team and provide daily management of our busy, front line retail department. As the Visitor Services Retail Manager, the post holder will provide efficient business support to the commercial department, in particular Retail, with a focus on delivering high quality service standards and operational processes.
Visitor Services Retail Manager
Position: Visitor Services Retail Manager
Contract: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £37,497 p.a (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: London NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
The Retail Manager will be responsible for ensuring the setting of KPI’s to aid growth and profitability across the retail areas. They will also ensuring excellent standards of customer service and presentation is inspired and delivered from the team. As such, the successful candidate will be able to lead by example, have excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and the ability to train, develop and motivate staff to keep them engaged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all shops areas are fully operational and that any issues are accurately recorded and raised with the Manager and Supervisor.
- Leading a team to provide a high level of customer service, dealing efficiently and courteously with any questions or requested information.
- Maintain hygienic storage and effective stock date rotation for all perishable goods.
- Encouraging the team to maximise revenue for the charity by proactively upselling to our visitors and maintaining good stock levels in all outlets through regular stock replenishment.
- Drive effective communication channels to ensure transparency of expectations and support relationships with peer departments including Buying & Merchandising, Admissions, E-Commerce, Whipsnade Commercial Team and broader ZSL Teams.
- Ensure all POS and back office stock control systems are operational and functioning effectively, reporting any failure or problem to the relevant department.
- Good knowledge of retail software Futura or equivalent.
- Ideally good knowledge of EPOS systems and Admissions Systems, including reporting functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Extensive experience in a retail manager role or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in managing staff (12>40), budgets and financial controls.
- Proven ability in managing cost margins and overheads to ensure that the team are maximising income.
- Proven commercial focus with a track record of setting, delivering and exceeding departmental targets.
- Exceptional standards in customer care.
- Previous experience in product management and presentation.
- Proven experience of working in a high volume, high quality operation.
- Previous experience of supporting/managing strategic change.
NB: A high degree of flexibility is essential in situations where planned tasks are superseded by unscheduled events that require priority. The post holder will also be required to work regular Bank Holiday and weekends.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 19th February 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. We apply policies that are determined solely by job criteria and personal ability.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.