Assistant Accountant - Role Overview
PlaceFirst Ltd is an award winning Property Development and Management Company, which is in rapid growth. An exciting opportunity has come up within the finance department for a full time Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our customers are our first consideration in everything we do. For this reason, all of our homes are delivered with a considered approach and are designed to the highest sustainable standards achievable. Our philosophy within the finance department is no different. We expect the highest sustainable standards, and for that, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary along with the opportunity to work in a prosperous environment, with scope for growth.
Reporting to the Financial Controller’s, you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of the business. Supporting the business by fostering strong relationships with suppliers and continually looking at ways to add value to the finance function.
Specific responsibilities of the role will include
Working as our Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with Management Accounts
- Accounting for rental receipts and fees from tenants
- Reconciliation of rental between lettings department and accounts function
- Bank reconciliations and management of weekly payment runs
- CIS returns
- Assisting with the development of internal controls and procedures appropriate for business needs
- Assisting in other ad hoc tasks when required in finance team
- Investigating invoices/statements with issues and liaising with suppliers
- Assisting with processes relating to the Purchase and Sales Ledgers
- Council Tax/Utility Bills monitoring
To be successful as our Accounts Assistant you will need to have:
- Great communication skills
- A confident excel and Sage line 50 user
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- The confidence to use own initiative and to challenge existing processes
A fully qualified AAT will highlight the academic background necessary to successfully fulfil this role. Experience within the construction industry or lettings management is desirable and will strengthen your application.