Junior Management Accountant
iSmash is a high tech high fashion brand specialising in the repair and personalisation of smartphones, tablets and computers. With private equity investment now secured, the London market is the initial focus for 2016 with nationwide expansion, growing to 50+ stores, planned for 2017 and 2018. iSmash’s unique selling point is a professional, fast and trusted repair service. With unrivalled turnaround times for repair and a recognised brand, iSmash is increasingly becoming the chosen go-to brand for smartphone, table and computer repair in London.
We are looking to recruit a commercially minded and ambitious Junior Management Accountant to develop with the business over the coming years.
This position will allow you to gain experience and understanding of how a divisional finance department operates and will allow you to make the step up into either a Management or Financial accountant role in the future.
This is an excellent opportunity for a very hands on Junior Management Accountant experienced in purchase and sales ledger to join a business that will support your career growth and aspirations.
- Purchase and sales ledger
- Bank & PayPal reconciliations
- Running regular bank payments & ensuring full control of petty cash.
- Perform month-end-close tasks to strict deadlines (for e.g. bank reconciliations, petty cash)
- Weekly cash flow forecasting of AP
- First point of contact with suppliers, banks & building strong relationships with store and supply chain managers
- Maintaining the fixed assets register
- Assist in VAT, Payroll and Statutory reporting & compliance
- Assist in monthly shareholder reporting & budgeting
- Involvement in ad hoc finance team projects and tasks
The ideal Junior Management Accountant will possess the following attributes/skills:
- Studied AAT at final level or part qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Strong Excel skills
- Preferably with Xero accounting software experience
- A relevant work experience in retail advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory preferred (but not essential)
- Strong reconciliation, mathematical and organisational skills
- Hands on approach, enthusiastic, driven and willingness to learn
- Well presented, good communication skills
- A flexible and helpful approach is required in dealing with the many and varied tasks associated in a fast paced retail finance department