Graduate Data Engineer
Data Engineer (Graduate / Entry Level)
Our client, a leading media owner based in central London are looking to hire a Data Engineer. As an in-house cutting edge news publisher, who's site receives 200 million unique visits per month worldwide they are constantly processes billions of data points in order to provide insights and targeting criteria for placing advertising in front of the right person, in the right place, at the right time. As a Data Engineer you will be involved in evolving their Big Data technologies and advance their overall data proposition.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for creating data products with a commercial focus that have a direct impact on the performance of the business. They will gather an understanding of their existing ad-tech platforms and how to combine their datasets effectively to produce new sources of revenue. As Data Engineer you will also manage the global Data Management Platform to aid sales and campaign management teams with audience targeting capabilities.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in computer science or a related field
- Object-oriented programming (Java, Python, C#)
- Practical understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Spark, Redshift, Hadoop Map-Reduce or other Big Data frameworks
- Knowledge of ETL and how to extract data from APIs
- Code management tools (Git, Sbt, Maven)
- Amazon web services (EC2, S3, EMR)
- Scala or other functional programming languages
- Analytics tools such as R or SPSS
- Any understanding of digital advertising is a plus, but not essential
- Knowledge of graph frameworks (GraphX etc.) is desirable but not required