Assistant Management Accountant
Job Title: Assistant Management Accountant
Reporting To: Management Accountant
Department: Finance Department
Location: The Warehouse, 212 New King’s Road, London SW6 4NZ
1. Company Profile
Parallel Consulting is a group of well-respected specialist recruitment businesses and a successful venture capital vehicle for entrepreneurs within the recruitment sector.
The group is looking for an assistant management accountant to support a portfolio of various companies within the business including the group function.
- Founded 2004
- Founders, Steven Went (CEO) and Sam Altarafi (Managing Director)
- Headquartered in Fulham (near Putney Bridge)
- Occupying a smart recently converted warehouse across from Putney Bridge Tube Station, as well as having offices in the City of London, Munich and Sydney
- >120 staff with further growth anticipated in 2017
- FY 2016 Forecast Group Turnover (£24m); Gross Profit (£9m) and PBT (£1.9m)
- Currently running >180 contractors globally
- Delivering solutions to UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, USA and Asia- Pacific
- Group comprises :
> Parallel Consulting - IT, Analytics, Business Intelligence
> Apollo Solutions - Audit, Risk, Compliance, Information Security and IT
> Pangea Resourcing - Oil & Gas, Energy, Renewables
>i-Pharm Consulting - Pharmaceutical
Principal recruitment services include: Contract/Interim solutions, Permanent/Contingency and Search & Selection.
2. Role Specification
This is an exciting position providing management accounting support to a portfolio of entrepreneurial and rapidly growing companies within the Parallel Consulting Group and will be a full-time finance role. For the right candidate there are also excellent career development opportunities available for this role.
Reporting to the Management Accountant you will be an important member of the Finance Team, and you will work closely within the team to ensure the accuracy of Management Information.
You will also be responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the ledgers of the companies that you will be responsible for, as well as maintaining high departmental standards, with the proactive management of issues and varying priorities.
This is a challenging 'hands-on’ role within a friendly and highly professional high performing global shared services finance team - with an approximate split of workload: 75% management accounting and related ad hoc projects and 25% supporting the accounts processing team during their peak (Week 1) processing period.
- Reporting to, supporting, and working closely with the Management Accountant in producing useful and accurate Management Informatio
- Also working under the supervision of the Accounts Manager (credit control and assisting the Accounts Team during monthly peak processing times) and the supervision of the Deputy Finance Director (monthly German VAT and technical accounting issues)
- To provide other financial information in a timely manner and to a high standard from the Nominal Ledger and other sources
Accounting and Other Key Recording Systems:
- Responsible for the management accounting of allocated group companies (currently using SAGE Line50) including the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of processing on the relevant ledgers
- Analysis of Contractor Gross Profit for allocated companies
- Preparation of relevant accounts and supporting schedules to detailed trial balance review stage by the Management Accountant and then Group Finance Director
- Production of monthly and annual accruals and prepayments, fixed asset register maintenance (where applicable), coding and posting of credit cards, director and staff expenses, and the maintenance of control accounts in the balance sheets
- Maintenance and supervision of other critical allocated accounting support systems (including the relevant excel GP control spreadsheets).
Accounting Systems and Control:
- To ensure for relevant areas of responsibility that there are in place, adequate and appropriate systems and controls over income and expenditure and over the assets and liabilities of those companies
- To comply with, support and suggest improvements in financial control and processing systems
- To assist the Management Accountant with systems development (the next stage of which is planned from Q4 2017 to deal with growth and international expansion)
- Checking and reviewing postings to the accounting ledgers for your companies
- To perform primary credit control under the supervision of the Accounts Manager to ensure collection of outstanding amounts within terms
- To keep management informed on the status of all aged debt
- To ensure all credit notes are properly authorised and to flag any issues and/or errors detected in billing
- Checking and reviewing postings for your sales and purchase ledgers
- To provide additional oversight on the payment and invoicing processes for your companies
- To ensure all invoices are properly authorised and analysed
- To manage supplier accounts, ensuring statements are reconciled where appropriate
- To make payment to suppliers on time
- To ensure receipt of valid VAT invoices for all transactions
- To ensure the accurate processing of VAT onto your company ledgers, in particular considering EU sales lists and reverse charge procedures
- To ensure intercompany accounts are fully reconciled on a monthly basis and to assist the Management Accountant with the cross charging of income and expenses across the group
Supporting the Finance Management Team:
- Providing the Finance Management Team with varied ad hoc project support (Group Finance Director / Deputy Finance Director part time) / Management Accountant / Accounts Manager)
3. Skills & Experience
Qualifications: Part Qualified Professional accounting qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, AAT