Senior Financial Controller - Professional Services
A high-profile senior leadership role within this Professional Services firm. The Financial Controller will manage a team of 4 contributing across a broad range of Finance areas.
This is a key role as part of the internal Finance function of a leading accounting practice. This business is in the Top 10 in its sector internationally, and has global revenues of over £2bn per annum.
Managing four functional teams, the Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the firm's core financial processes and systems maximise operational effectiveness and are positioned to support the strategic objectives of the business.
Project Based Objectives
- To oversee a programme of continuous improvement in relation to the financial processes, systems and procedures in operation within the firm and make formal recommendations to the Director of Finance and the Management Board for the development and enhancement of those processes.
- To oversee departmental and firm-wide financial system deployments using a structured methodology throughout the project lifecycle. This extends to scoping, design, test, change management as well as user support and training.
- To provide support to the Director of Finance in developing the firm's financial reporting and governance capability through the provision of technical expertise on matters relating to statutory financial reporting and processes, accounting policy, systems utilisation and the dissemination of related financial and regulatory information to the business.
- To establish and operate an end user support function within the Finance department to ensure the smooth running of those systems of which it is owner. This extends to configuration and interface control, end user support and training.
- To perform an advisory role to the Director of Finance and the Management Board with regards to developments to the LLP group structure. This should include identifying and advising on financial reporting, taxation and structural matters as appropriate.
- To lead the firm's Revenue Management function and the implementation of initiatives for accelerating the release of cash from lockup.
- Management of the payroll process and maintaining an effective working relationship with the firm's outsourced payroll provider and the HR personnel involved.
- Management of the firm's Accounts team incorporating accounts payable processes, banking and client monies operations.
- The effective application of the firm's financial policies and governance framework to the three operational functions above.
- Be aware of and comply with the firm's policies at all times.
- Record time accurately using the Practice Management System.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Be aware of the firm's risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance at all times.
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times.
We are looking for a high calibre Financial Controller for this role, with Professional Services experience. Their profile and experience will consist of the following;
- Proven experience in a senior finance management role gained within a professional services environment.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems and their application within large and complex businesses.
- Confident and effective communicator at all levels, including at board level.
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross functional teams and develop effective working relationships with client facing and support departments alike.
- Able to demonstrate a high levels of initiative and decision making capability and to be comfortable working within a results driven environment with accuracy and focus.
- Strong personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to understand and prioritise the workload of others.
- Project management and business process engineering experience is desirable.
A salary of £80,000 - £95,000 plus benefits is on offer.