An urgent need has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the Birmingham office of an award winning, international law firm on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, to cover a period of maternity.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to a Finance Manager in relation to the firm’s annual expenditure budget which is circa £130m.
With upwards of 2 years’ relevant experience Accounts experience including budget preparation and cost variance experience, your duties will include:
- Assist with annual budgets/forecasts across all functional areas
- Preparation of the annual business development budget
- Daily management of the firm’s business development spend
- Month end reporting including trend analysis
- Updating the intranet with reports
- Act as the key point of contact for all finance related matters within the business development team
- Preparation and distribution of monthly overhead reports across the firm
- Maintain the fixed asset register and depreciation journals for the UK offices
To be successful in this role, it is anticipated that you will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- A Financial/accounting qualification
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrable record of prior experience of senior stakeholder management
- Experience of working with large volumes of data and summarising in a succinct manner.
- Experience of budget preparation and cost variance reporting essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel, including pivot tables, lookups with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data
- Knowledge of multi-currency accounting package
- Thorough approach to complying with processes and authorisations
- Proven ability to prioritise workload within a busy environment and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical skills
- Conscientious, methodical and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong time management skills
- Positive and pro-active approach
- Professional manner and appearance
- Approachable and good at forming relationships across the firm
In return, the successful applicant will receive a salary in the region of £26-31k dependent upon experience, together with a benefits package you would associate with working for an international law firm with an outstanding reputation.