Accounts Payable Manager - For Dynamic Business
Our client is currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager to join a young, fast paced group, within the tour operator / leisure industry. The successful candidate will be someone that is able to learn quickly and has a proven track record of leading a team.
£35k-£40k Depending on experience.
You will be responsible for leading a medium team of assistants in the management of a large supplier portfolio. Whilst tasked with reviewing current efficiencies and procedures, this role also requires the need to lead by example. The right candidate will be willing to assist the team in all aspects of the department, including the processing of invoices and liaising with suppliers.
- Manage and motivate a team of Accounts Payable Assistants in processing invoices (+2000 per week), supporting where necessary
- Generate weekly payment runs across multiple currencies, identifying payment priorities against available cash flow
- Become the main source of contact for suppliers and venues, as well as other departments within the company
- Resolve supplier queries and manage expectations during busy periods
- Induct, train and continually develop new starters to the department, providing direction and guidance
- Review current processes and procedures to establish efficiencies and identify any areas for improvement
- Carry out staff reviews and appraisals
- Install a working environment that encourages creative input and ideas for the benefit of the company
The ideal candidate:
- At least two years in a similar capacity, working as an Accounts Payable Manager in a high invoice volume business
- ACCA / CIMA - part qualified (or similar)
- Experience of Accounting Software essential (Sage or Access Dimensions desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, sumifs, if statements)
- Experience dealing with a multi-currency supplier ledger
- Travel industry experience (desirable)
If this sounds like a great opportunity, please apply today as interviews are being held immediately.