Test Analyst - Energy Trading
A dynamic consultancy specialising in test automation in the energy sector is looking for people with a passion for testing, to join our growing team. We have blue chip clients that use our unique testing services and we can’t keep up with demand. If you possess the aptitude, desire and drive, then you could be a part of our exciting and unfolding story.
We have multiple openings, for junior test analysts who are ready to become our senior test consultants of the future.
New to the energy sector? No problem. For our entry-level openings, we supply the training; the same training that we have developed for our clients. Energy trading has all the excitement and challenge of investment banking but has proved much more resilient in the economic crisis.
About the role
- We work out of our London office near Waterloo.
- Project roles will often be based on a client’s site in London / the South East, usually interacting directly with business analysts, developers and customer representatives - good communication skills are essential.
- Our customers are increasingly operating agile development techniques, so knowledge of these is beneficial.
- You will review requirements and design specifications and develop and execute test plans.
- You will isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- At most clients, our tests are automated - so the ability to use tools and scripting languages to assemble automated testing solutions is a crucial part of the Trinitatum story.
- University educated with excellent computer literacy
- You will ideally be proficient in SQL
- Experience of scripting/programming languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, etc.) and/or automation frameworks is highly desirable
- Experience of BDD/Specification by example, particularly in a SpecFlow environment, is particularly advantageous
- Experience of Energy Trading & Risk Management Systems such as OpenLink Endur is beneficial
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK