Role: Assistant Accountant
An assistant account is required to join one of the largest private investment firms based in the heart of Southampton. This diverse opportunity within accounts will have a range of responsibilities; the company has grown in strength and managers over 1000 assets across the South Coast. Working in a small team of four, as an accounts assistant your-be given on-site training where needed and expected to grow alongside the company.
Daily Tasks will include:-
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Raising invoices
- Processing expenses
- Receives, approves and, when necessary, investigates company accounts payable invoices.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with Directors, company suppliers, tenants and banking contacts
- Keeps track of company assets
- Handles company email and paper mail
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Directors and Accountants
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation
- Experience in Sage Line 50
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and sage software
- AAT studying towards completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
Apply today, interviews ideally before the new-year, an immediate star would be preferred however will work alongside any notice period for the right candidate.
Salary: £19,000 to £25,000