The Shift Manager will need to manage and coach a team of operators and engineers to achieve production targets and drive compliance on safety, quality and sustainability within a complex highly regulated environment.
Multinational FMCG manufacturer based in the South West is one of the largest in their field and continue to go from strength to strength.
Reporting into the Manufacturing Manager, the successful Shift Manager will be accountable for all shift reporting and performance - managing personnel, production and facilities to do so.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and support to the production team in order to achieve defined business targets
- Responsible for the coordination and safe delivery of the day to day operations
- Use KPI's and data to measure and drive operational performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Ensure all scrap and cost reduction activities are driven to completion on time
- Produce production plans and schedules to achieve project and business objectives
- Effective control of manpower, allocated overheads, and materials to achieve budget and forecast
- Actively involved in leading and promoting continuous improvement activities to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Lead daily briefings and production meetings and instruct staff to meet production targets
- Compliance with Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and any other relevant legislation
- Ensure the effective management of the training and maintenance of staff competences.
To apply for either this interim or permanent Shift Manager position you will be:
- Ideally Educated to HNC/HND level or equivalent is preferred
- 6Sigma Greenbelt or above
- A minimum of 2 years experience within a Managerial role in a production environment
- Experienced in leading teams of a minimum of 25 people
- A minimum of 5 years within general manufacturing
- Have a proven track record in man management
- Hold a proven track record in improving and driving KPI's, waste reduction, time/money saved
- Be passionate about lean and continuous improvement methodologies, with a problem solving approach and a 'can do' attitude towards implementing changes.