Mobile Architect - iOS, Android - US Tech - London
Mobile Architect - iOS / Android Mobile Apps - US Tech - London
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading US-based tech brand in their new London offices, where you would be working within a greenfield start-up environment where the team build software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, scrum). Their playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
You’ll help drive Mobile Architecture and Development initiatives, and have a real passion for emerging technologies. You’ll also have the opportunity to travel to the US for exciting company-wide hackathons.
- 6+ years of experience in similar technology environment
- Extensive experience architecting and building out native iOS & Android mobile applications from the ground up (Swift, Objective C, etc)
- Proven ability to shift into other development tasks when necessary, including contributing, creating, or maintaining server-side code.
- Ideally has exposure to working within a greenfield environment/startup style
- Experience of B2B and B2C solutions
- Working with microservices architecture
- Understands that architecture is a hands-on craft; wants to write code and build IT
- Strong experience in both statically and dynamically typed languages (Java and PHP/C++ and
- Expert understanding of modern software development paradigms and design patterns
- Experience building applications using agile methodology in combination with TDD, BDD, and XP practices
- Obsessed about streamlining development and operations
- Clear understanding of the differences in production and development needs; ability of
compromising between the two
- API Development experience
- Experience with 3D game development and animation using Unity3D strongly preferred
- PREFERABLY ANY experience with Android/Java application development, server-side Node.js development, React.js, React Native, Apple tvOS, QT (with C++) or Metaio AR would be a bonus, but not essential.
- You will architect, lead, and implement mobile applications, middleware, and frameworks such as SDK. You’ll utilize your mobile expertise (iOS, Android, Unity) to create robust and scalable high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- You will be building modern user interfaces as well as engineer complex solutions that run directly on the mobile device. Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Be a champion for innovative, agile, development practices.
- You will implement and operate the infrastructure their next generation platform in a fully tested agile model. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. This involves collaborating with BA’s, Product Owners, Designers, and third party development teams in person and remotely to deliver a resilient, scalable mobile platform. You’ll also be responsible for switching into other development tasks when necessary, including contributing, creating, or maintaining server-side code.
This role comes with a competitive six-figure package. This role will not stick around for long, so early application is absolutely essential!