Server Support / VMware Infrastructure Engineer
VMware Infrastructure Engineer / Server Support Analyst , VMware, Windows Server. My client based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, has a new requirement for a VMware Infrastructure Engineer / Server Support Analyst with skills in VMware ESXi or VMWare VIEW, Windows Server.
Salary: £35k-£37k + Bonus + Good Benefits
Role is specifically focused around VMware and managing Projects related to the implementation, support and design of the solution. You must also have:
- VMWare knowledge (ESXi or View)
- MCSE, MCP, MCSA, VCP or MCITP required in a Server related discipline
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal with demanding situations
- Strong communication written and verbal skills to facilitate the need to work consistently and professionally with users at all levels
- Excellent organising and planning skills
- Self-starter, team player able to motivate other team members
- Administration and support of the VMware Environment including VMware VIEW
- Managing the Systems-Wintel Service Desk queue to ensure SLA’s are met
- Monitoring applications and systems via SCOM to ensure a high level of availability for all Windows Applications
- Administration of Active Directory via Quest Active Roles Server
- Administration of Active Directory DNS, DHCP and Group Policies
- Administration and support of the SCCM environment
- Maintaining IBM Hardware at the Data Centre
- Maintaining security and patching across all Windows Servers using SCCM
- Following the Change Management process to ensure all changes are planned, communicated and documented.
- Being part on an on call rota to ensure the data center services are addressed
Role does have the ability to work from home one day a fortnight after training, this could increase to one day a week. Standard working day of 08.30 to 17.15 Monday to Thursday - Friday 08.30 to 16.00 although hours can be changed to 06.00 start - onwards. This role is commutable from Watford, Milton Keynes, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury and parts of North London - Borehamwood. Please send your most up to date CV ASAP as this is an excellent company to work for !