Lean Manufacturing Engineer
My client are a leading automotive parts manufacturer, and due to continuing growth, they looking to recruit an experienced Lean Manufacturing Engineer for a 12 month contract. The postholder will be based in the client's state of the art manufacturing facility, on the outskirts of Portsmouth and will report to the Production Engineering Manager.
The postholder will:
- Create routings for new products on MFGPro based on the FEP standard.
- Align routings to the relevant item master on MFGPro
- Update MFGPro system with revised build / cycle times, work centres and machine types
- Identify and plan Kaizen activities to make financial savings and increased output within manufacturing operations.
- Perform Time Studies.
- Participate in the in-house training of manufacturing teams.
- Assist with Assembly Layouts Method, and setting up of Standard Ops.
- Activity Management, Kaizen Workshops.
- Undertake M.E.D. (Single Minute Exchange of Die) work
- Be responsible for the improvement and implementation of Kanban systems
To be considered for the role, you will have the following skills:
- O.N.C., Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Be Computer literate
- Experience in Industrial Engineering
- Practical experience in Kaizen Tools and Techniques is essential
- Practical and Hands on Skills for all the above
- Lean manufacturing/TPS
- Work study experience
- MFGPro routings data base and associated fields
You must be:
- Willing to travel UK and globally
- Holder of a current UK passport
- Holder of a current full driving licence
Please apply today to be considered for upcoming interviews.