IT Support Engineer (PC & Mac) - Uxbridge
Job; IT Support Engineer (PC & Mac) - Uxbridge
This technology provider delivers software-as-a-service to globally recognised brands across a multitude of sectors. Their focus is to provide enterprise level business applications, delivering growth and organisational savings through technology. Their technology is diverse and global reaching, with a purpose.
- Ensure that helpdesk jobs are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use own initiative to troubleshoot support issues and provide solutions.
- Liaise with external suppliers to provide solutions to problems.
- Manage the Imaging Requirements for new and existing Mac’s and Windows Desktops.
- Ensure machine builds are kept up to date, and that equipment is running in an optimal way.
- Manage the Anti-virus infrastructure, ensuring that all machines are kept up to date.
- Provide backup support for the IT Manager on Servers when required.
- Provide proactive support to users, ensuring their machines are running optimally and trying to anticipate problems before they occur.
- Experience of Mac Troubleshooting and Support.
- Mac Hardware Troubleshooting.
- PC Support on Windows environment, Laptops, desktops.
- Internal workings of a Mac/Windows PC.
- Windows 7/8.
- OS X 10.6 -> 10.10.
- Microsoft Office Mac/Windows.
- Adobe CS5/6 - Cloud Creative Suite.
- Networking fundamentals - Networks - understanding of TCP/IP, switches.
- Windows Server fundamentals.
- Encryption for mobile devices (Mac/Windows).
- Mobiles Devices - iOS/Android/Windows Smartphone devices - syncing with laptops etc.
- Salary; flexible: up to approx. £30k,
- Benefits; their employees receive 25 days’ holiday and are included in a companywide employee profit share scheme,
- Location; Uxbridge, Middlesex, West London,
- How to get there; 15 mins walk to/from West Drayton station which is connected to London Paddington - 21 mins), 10 minutes’ drive from M40 Heathrow, or 15 minutes’ drive/bus from Uxbridge tube station,
- Interested? - Please send Word CV (as opposed to a PDF),
- Not for you? But you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; apple mac Macintosh PC hardware software windows Microsoft network networks networking support helpdesk service desk 1st line 2nd line 3rd line first line second line third line engineer customer client London Hounslow Middlesex Heathrow Uxbridge Cowley West Drayton