Group Finance Manager - Shared Services
Due to a recent internal promotion, this services business have a new vacancy for a Group Finance Manager to lead its successful and expanding financial reporting and management accounting function in Central Birmingham.
Managing a team of management and reporting accountants in the shared services centre and reporting straight to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of management reporting, budgeting & forecasting and financial analysis as well as providing financial support for new business cases and projects with detailed forecasting, financial modelling and appraisals. You will also provide a business-partnering service to other members of the senior management team in providing support for key decision making and strategic direction. Therefore you will need to constantly develop and improve the quality, accuracy and effectiveness of key financial & management information - ensuring that you are providing truly meaningful financial information to encourage sound decision making.
This role will give you real ownership of the entire group reporting and management accounting function of the business, allowing you to make a tangible impact of the direction & continued growth of the business as a whole. You will also work closely with the board in translating operation strategy down to your team, ensuring they are motivated to achieve success in the areas that the business most requires.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience of leading a financial reporting or management accounting team;
- Have existing experience of being an effective part of a senior management team, effecting positive change dictated by high-level operational strategy (communicating this effectively downwards, and directing your team to achieve financial objectives aligned with overall business strategy);
- Have good financial reporting, management accounting & analysis skills, allowing you to quickly identify and address improvements that can be made in order to increase productivity, streamline processes and improve reporting outputs;
- Possess strong management and leadership skills (particularly with staff training & development), with great relationship-building and influencing qualities.
In return, you will:
- Have the autonomy to make quick changes to the business that will align with business strategy, and make a tangible impact on the continued success & growth of the business as a whole;
- Assume a key role within the senior management team of a progressive and driven environment, with responsibility that will allow you to add value - gaining recognition and visibility in a large business;
- Receive a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package, befitting your status as an important member of the senior management team in a large, ambitious business.
An ideal opportunity for a qualified accountant with good experience of financial reporting, management accounting and senior management to develop their leadership skills and make consistent improvements that will make a direct impact on business performance.