Business Development Manager
Our client has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager. The main purpose of the role is to capture sponsors for this highly respected and well established organisation.
You will analyse and prioritise the assigned prospect pool, taking into account both wealth capacity and inclination to give, secure meetings with potential major donors, cultivate ongoing relationships, solicit major gifts or plan and support the request for others as appropriate. You will be responsible for strengthening relationships with these individuals and, at the appropriate time, soliciting major gifts. You will also oversee the stewardship of those assigned major donors who have made gifts.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or significant experience and proven track record in a similar role (fundraising, marketing, external relations, sales, business development. etc.)
• Excellent IT skills, preferably with experience using a customer relationship management database.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to convincingly communicate complex cases for support and messages in a compelling way through face-to-face presentations and written proposals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to act with tact, diplomacy and in an appropriate manner with individuals at the most senior levels, both internally and externally.
• The ability to work calmly under pressure, able to meet deadlines, prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• The ability to work independently in addition to as part of a team.
• Emotionally intelligent
• Personal presence
• A positive attitude
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.