Software Engineer & Web Development Internship - £15K - Medical Tech - Central London
Our client is an investor-backed and award-winning start up that develops pioneering mobile health technology. They are creating the world’s first smartphone-driven Mental Resilience programme, combining aspects from psychology and medicine with machine learning and hardware.
This is a graduate level internship for 6 months. Salary: £15K
How you can expect to spend your day?
- You will be developing a web based project and see it through from ideation to delivery
- You will be working on multiple web projects that will help deliver the first large-scale randomised controlled trial using a smartphone application to reduce stress and improve productivity at work
- You will lead on the web developments but at the same time work closely with members of our mobile development team, product manager, product designer and psychologists
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- High aptitude and extremely quick learner
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- 0 -1 years’ experience in web development (including personal projects and university projects)
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithm design and problem solving)
- D3.js/Bokeh and PHP is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of Agile software development processes is a plus
- Passionate about mobile health and healthy behaviour change
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Challenging position in a growing early-stage company
- Flat hierarchies and an opportunity to make a substantial impact quickly
- Opportunity to learn about and contribute to the company’s innovative research findings
- Create and deliver products that make a difference to people’s health
- Lots of fun team events (laser quest, get-away weekends, dinner/drinks)
- Competitive salary and stock option plan