Degree Qualified Project Manager - (Commercial) - NW England
Our client is a leading contractor in the fit out market who deliver projects under all forms of contract, delivering the full spectrum of fit out services from Cat A and Cat B to internal refurbishment.
They turn over in excess of £100m and work across the commercial, retail, leisure and hotel sectors on projects around NW England and are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team in their Manchester Office with a view to working on a medium sized pipeline of projects that have recently been secured.
As a degree qualified Project Manager you will be responsible for the onsite project delivery and client management. The successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate the site team and all contractors working on site.
Responsibilities as Project Manager include:
- Ensuring company HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Setting up site, Fire Plans, Inductions, Method Statement, Risk Assessments e.t.c
- Organising the site to deliver programme requirements on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinating sub-contractors to ensure efficiency of work.
- Monitor the quality of work carried out ensuring high standards of quality are achieved and addressing any issues with sub-contractors / trades.
- Ensuring all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are up to date, understood and adhered to by all the necessary personnel.
- Solving design and technical issues on site.
- Interacting with the client and architect on a daily basis.
Project Manager Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years No.1 Project Manager Experience.
- First Aid, SMSTS & CSCS essential.
- Experience of reporting to contracts managers and formulating appropriate weekly reports.
- Leading Main Contractor experience.
- Previous high end refurb / fit out projects experience essential.
- Strong Reporting / Paperwork / IT skills.
- SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS certified.
- YOU MUST HOLD A DEGREE IN A CONSTRUCTION RELATED SUBJECT
- Good client facing skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading contractor! If you are interested in this Project Manager Position e-mail your CV to Meera Patel at professional@uklgroup. com