IT Supplier & Commercial Analyst
IT Supplier & Commercial Analyst
The Commercial Analyst is part of the IT Supplier & Commercial Assurance team. This team is responsible for effective IT supplier management as well as providing commercial assurance on budgets, projects and contractual compliance. The team works closely with the Finance and Strategic Sourcing teams.
The Commercial Analyst's key objectives are to provide commercial support to a busy IT department including, obtaining and reviewing quotations and SOWs for hardware, software and support to specific deadlines and budgets, management of support renewals as required by the businesses and ensuring suppliers perform in accordance with their contract and SLA. Communication with the internal customers, keeping them appraised of the status of their requests is key as well as and responding to ad-hoc queries from IT of the other businesses.
The successful candidate will be expected to support and assist with delivering change across the business by ensuring the appropriate level of governance is applied and completed on time. This role will work with the rest of the IT Supplier & Commercial Assurance team to focus on supplier management, IT budget management, licence and maintenance renewals as well as financial tracking and reporting on actual spend against budget and budget changes.
- Manage assigned suppliers, build relationships and setup/attend regular meetings to ensure quality and performance in accordance with the contract
- Plan licence and execute renewals on a monthly cycle, ensuring approvals for renewals are gained timely; in collaboration with Purchasing where required
- Provide input in the management of the current tear budget and new ensure new licences and support purchases are captured for inclusion on the next-year's budget
- Raising purchase requisitions in a timely manner using Jobshop or SAP
- Obtaining price quotes and price updates from suppliers and answering purchasing queries from internal customers
- Accurately creating and updating daily recharge sheets / Sales Orders
- Support large scale or complex RFI/RFP activities by IT and Strategic Sourcing
- Maintain contracts database and generating reports for the business as requested
- Manage and report on IT stock usage and ordering to ensure IT can deliver IT equipment to the business in a timely manner
- Create and update procedures aimed at improving processes and coordination between departments of complex technology processes
- Co-ordination of one-off tasks requiring compilation and analysis of data, including liaison across functions
- Provide monthly reports of key activities and financials which can be used for commercial summary reports to the CIO
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of purchasing practices, processes and objectives
- Experience in working in a supplier relationship management or contract management role
- Ability to understand and review basic (IT) contractual documents
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Confident to communicate at all levels, including senior management
- Possess the drive and confidence to manage large volumes of information, produce high level summaries, identifying key points/issues requiring address
- Comfortable conducting quality reviews, ensuring data integrity is high, reporting is accurate and the correct procedures are being followed
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced use of Microsoft packages specifically PowerPoint and Excel as well as SAP
- Worked with customers or in a service-type organisation
- Experience of working with procurement tools would be advantageous
- Ideally CIPS level 1 qualified or similar procurement/supplier management certified
- ITIL foundation trained
Interviews are being held immediately, so apply for immediate consideration.