GROUP ACCOUNTANT- ACA
My client is a fast growing organisation and has recently acquired a subsidiary organisation and therefore the Finance function requires a Group Accountant to join the team. The finance team has a critical role to play by ensuring effective management and control of resources, production and communication of financial information and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
This position is a key role within the team, and will suit a technically minded qualified accountant who is looking for a challenge in a deadline driven environment.
As the Group Accountant you will report to the Group Finance Director and will be responsible for the production of consolidated statutory accounts, management of the audit process and compliance. This role will require an in depth technical understanding of Group reporting and statutory accounting as well as the ability to analyse and draw conclusions from prior year results.
The role involves:
- Own the production of all aspects of Statutory Accounting
- Leading on the monthly financial accounting cycle to increase speed of production and improve the quality of accounting reports
- Being the lead for preparation of Year End accounts for the Group and its subsidiary.
- Direct Lead for the external audit process
- Driving improvements in group processes and controls.
- Management of the Groups Balance Sheet
- Effective management of the Group's Debtors Control account.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience
- Fully Qualified Accountant- Ideally ACA (Ideally 2 YEARS PQE)
- Recent experience in Financial Accounting positions within a Corporate Finance team and leading businesses through a full Year End.
- Reporting under FRS102 and an up to date working knowledge of the standards.
- A detailed knowledge of the practical issues involved in the production of external financial reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- A good team player and experience of managing staff.