Senior Internal Auditor - Bank
This Leading "Challenger" Banking Group based in the City is currently looking to recruit an experienced Internal Auditor to head up its function. Reporting into the CFO this will be a varied and high profile role within the business.
- Aide Chair of Audit & Risk Committee (ARC) in the PRA/FCA prescribed responsibility for: (a) safeguarding the independence of; and (b) oversight of the performance of: the internal audit function in accordance with SYSC 6.2 (Internal Audit)
- Develop and coordinate internal audit strategy and process
- Define audit methodology
- Apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls through the development of an annual programme of audit review work
- Discuss the findings of audit reviews with management on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising
- Perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Board or Audit Committee
- Foster a strong relationship with group Internal Audit functions
- Co-ordinate plans with co-sourced Internal Audit function ensuring all planned activities is correctly resourced
- To provide independent and objective assurance to strengthen the Bank's operations. This involves evaluating and improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes. This may include liaising with the CEO, Heads of Departments, external auditors and group Internal Audit.
- To ensure that the bank procedures are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Bank's Procedure Manuals which cover the various aspects of the Bank's operations and controls.
- Maintain professional development and keep up-to-date with industry, regulatory and professional developments.
- To advocate the Bank's Values, and to promote a strong risk, compliance and corporate accountability culture, throughout the Bank through presentations, knowledge sharing and the internal audit work undertaken.
- To undertake work in-line with IIA Code of Ethics and Performance Standards.
- To comply with the FCA's and PRA's Individual Conduct Rules.
As the ideal candidate you will have a proven track record within Internal Audit within a Financial Services / Banking environment. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, coupled with good presentation and report writing skills.