Python Developer Django
Python (Django) Developer
Our client are delivering some incredible technology to some of the world's biggest Home Decor and Furnishings companies and working with some of the world's leading tech companies.
They are looking for an experienced python developer with an outstanding knowledge of Django who can help us build our technology into a robust, world-class platform. You will join our existing web and mobile development team currently working on transitioning our current early-stage web prototype into a fully-fledged commercial web application.
Your role will be to drive and develop our cloud API platform, you will be directly engaged on cutting-edge customer projects in the fields of AR, VR, computer vision, machine-learning and 3D image capture.
You will have an immense impact and input on the systems and tools we use and how we implement our development process as we scale. We are looking for someone with experience of delivering successful commercial projects.
You should be happy taking on a variety of tasks and be motivated by learning new skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Familiarity with Python and understanding of Python frameworks (Django, Flask, Celery)
- Good knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL & MySQL. Experience with database scheme design and entity relationship modelling
- Understand the role of NoSQL datastores
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written)
- Strong mathematical knowledge / analytical mind-set
- Experience with TDD
- Experience using source control (GIT)
- Minimum 3 years commercial development experience
- Background in Computer Science or related discipline
- An appreciation of Object Oriented programming principles and / or functional programming techniques
- Excellent problem solving abilities and resourcefulness using online resources
- An enthusiasm and passion for what you do and a desire to learn and continue to improve!
Our client are a group of dedicated professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests who believe that the best way to achieve success is by taking care of themselves, families, one another, and most importantly their customers.
They aim for a balanced approach to work and life, with this in mind they offer flexible working hours and locations along with comfortable offices and choice of work equipment. The team is small and growing quickly
They offer a competitive salary, (almost) unlimited holidays, flexible timing, choice of PC/Mac, pension and share options scheme