Exciting opportunity to establish a new management accounting team focused on the preparation and analysis of the financials of this division.
In anticipation of further growth and expansion of the group, my client is looking to build an accounting team to manage the accounts for the recently formed Division which generates c. £100m pa. The role will be part of a growing finance team that will evolve over the coming years as the group expands.
Reporting to the Group FC and working closely with the Services FP&A team, the Services Financial Controller will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including product level reporting.
- Production of monthly management accounts including timely ledger posting of month end journals
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory and corporate guidelines
- Controlling, monitoring and reporting on department costs/actuals against budget/targets and reporting as appropriate
- Improving the controls within the business and managing the financial processes, including discussions with other departments about business controls
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed/reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly
- Management and ownership of monthly payroll process including year end payroll reporting on P35s, P60s, P11ds
- Supervising and mentoring a small team, delegating tasks and ensuring they are completed within a specific timeframe, in addition to conducting performance reviews.
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual, half year and internal audits
- Ensure that the impact of new systems, processes or initiatives are appropriately considered and incorporated into existing reporting and controls environment
- Lead and assist with projects
- Management of 2 direct reports
- Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE
- Current experience of an FC or Assistant role
- Evidence of strong career advancement and achievement
- Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent excel skills