European VAT Compliance Leader - CMK Upto £90kpa
Ascendant recruitment are delighted to be working closely with a large financial services organisation based in the central Milton Keynes area which is a stones throw away from the train station. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work for a huge organisation offering promising company benefits and future progression.
Reporting to the UK Head of the Global Compliance Reporting Manager, this role will involve the set-up, development and leadership of a new, centralised European VAT Compliance capability based in Milton Keynes. This new team will be part of the established Global Compliance Reporting Services (GCRS) team responsible for project managing and tracking key global compliance deadlines on long-term multi-country engagement, including those for monthly, quarterly and annual indirect tax returns.
- Driving implementation and subsequent refinement of the standard global indirect tax compliance process and the chosen technology platform.
- Understanding and refining a standard pricing model aligned to the standard process
and levels of data testing.
- Building a team to support the management of the global process including acquiring skills in automated data collection and analysis.
- Working with clients in defining their data sources, formats and processes for production of returns
- Providing quality assurance over the European indirect tax returns including sense checking for specific VAT treatments, interacting with relevant VAT and tax expertise in local countries, where required.
- Analysing the output from key data tests performed during client implementation and as part of the regular return cycle. Looking for indirect tax consulting opportunities arising and defining projects for completion by the VAT Compliance Leader or by VAT experts in practices in the UK and elsewhere.
- Ensuring that the European VAT compliance scoping and contracting are aligned to GCRS best practices.
- Working with the GCRS leadership team on key multi-country, multi-service bids of which VAT is a key component.
- Leading key European VAT compliance proposal opportunities and developing new
business with both UK and US clients and targets.
- Managing the relationship with the software vendor; looking to identify on-going process and technology improvements to the offering.
- Good VAT technical skills ideally from a previous European role in practice or industry. ?
- An interest and strong capability in VAT return processing, process improvement and technology enablement. ?
- Team building and people management skills. ?
- Relationship management - internally and externally, selling and business development skills. ?
- Cultural awareness in dealing with multiple local practices globally.
- ACCA/CIMA Qualified is preferred although not essential
Please apply today! Due to the high number of quality roles we are working upon, we may not be able to call you within 24 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a Consultant as quickly as possible, and if you are shortlisted by our client we will call you within 48 hours. If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent, typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!