Accounts Payable Clerk
Exceptional AP Clerk required to join successful developing business in Southampton
Your new company
A highly reputable business which is going from strength to strength, rapidly expanding its global market share. Specialising in R&D towards health and safety they represent an inquisitive and creative ethos. The finance team is expanding as a result and they have a vacancy for a new Accounts Payable to join them in their Chilworth office.
Your new role
You'll join a growing teams and report directly into the Financial Controller, providing support with all aspects of the accounts payable process. You'll be responsible for:
- Processing AP documents (invoices, expenses)
- Processing and reconciliation company credit cards
- Preparation of payment runs and remittance advices
- Bank accounts reconciliation
- Petty cash
- Supporting finance team in adhoc tasks
- Dealing with internal and external queries
- Assisting with month end procedures
What you'll need to succeed
You must have experience of processing a high volume of invoices onto a computerised accounting system, such as SAP. An understanding of basic accounting principles such as double entry. You'll need be flexible in your approach to working arrangements to assist in completing tasks to deadlines. Ultimately you're looking for a role in a stable and growing company. The candidate who will secure this role will have an exceptionally high level of attention to detail.
- You are accurate, meticulous and deadline focused
- You have good communications skills
- You like to develop and maintain excellent peer relationships
- You have a strong team spirit
- A good working knowledge of SAP FI/CO is advantageous
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.