Accounts Payable Specialist
Due to an internal promotion, market leading business based in Manchester City Centre have position for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join their growing finance team. You will enjoy a varied accounts payable role, particularly surrounding administering payments and involvement in project work.
Due to continuing growth and a number of impending projects relating to system implementations and business restructure, the business now need to recruit an Accounts Payable Specialist. Ideally the business require a candidate with a strong understanding of Oracle, however other ERP systems will be considered.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all documentation and information required to process payments are provided and accurately filed, in accordance with payment cycle and procedures
- Process financial accruals and reversals - maintain and update central PTP journal for accruals
- Ensure all entries are correctly posted into the ledgers
- Initiate and manage the payment run process
- Support the checking for duplicate invoice payments
- Process credit notes in the system
- Upload the BACS file in the bank system
- Provide necessary information to Corporate/Group for cash forecasting
- Liaise with Treasury to ensure cash balances in the bank account are available for payment
- Send out email remittance forms
- Deal with payments not going through to suppliers
- Support the process to ensure that the payment to suppliers are made to the agreed trade terms, ensuring prompt payment discounts are realised where agreed
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participate in training and development procedures
- Analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to PTP / Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Have used ERP systems before (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Good, solid understanding of basic accounting methods and accounts structures
This is a great Accounts Payable Specialist opportunity to join a fantastic business in this project related role. The business can offer a interesting and challenging remit with the opportunity to progress through the business.
Apply below or to find out more about the Payments Administrator roles please contact Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on or call +.